Viceroy Homes - Warranty not for house????

We just bought a Viceroy house who was built in 2001 and we ask for the warranty for the roof because the roof (12 years) is fully of moisture and the skylights are finished (I joint the answer at the end of this comment) but the answer is the warranty is just for the first owner!!! Everyone are saying the viceroy house are the best but could you understand why a roof after 12 years only is completely finished and the the warranty is not for the house is just for the owner. So I could understand if the house is 25 years and the warranty is normal but a house of 12 years it's unexplicable!!!!

If someone of you want to buy a house who is already built by Viceroy ask a very good inspector and put a special clause in your buying paper because right now, because we bought it in winter time and the inspector can't go on the roof, we have to re-do it and no one will help us.

The verdict: Viceroy is not the best it just looks like the best!!!

Here is the answwer:

Good morning ,

And thank you for your inquiry.

The Viceroy Warranty on the house is non-transferrable which means it is extended to the original purchaser only.

Regards

Norval Bateman

Customer Service Representative

Viceroy Homes Limited

Review about: Roof.

Comments

Total ***!!!...i can see why you are not happy...who cares what owner has the home...its the roof not the floors!!!!..Its a slimy way of getting out of repairs...i just purchased a viceroy built in 2003 and the shingles on the house are inferior ***!!!

No wonder they filed for protection...pathetic...:(

Pickering, Ontario, Canada #1070861

I live in a 12 year old neighbourhood in Ajax Ontario.All the roofing shingles have deteriorated and are being replaced.

This is because by law asbestos has been removed from roofing shingles.There is no such thing as a 25 year warranty on asphalt roofing shingles any more.

Sechelt, British Columbia, Canada #889302

Typical of Viceroy's response - The Viceroy representative as usual refuses to offer customer support and never takes responsibility.The customer is always wrong - In this case the roof not the owner or owners should have the warranty.

It's just another escape for Viceroy to avoid responsibility - Best option - Avoid dealing with them.They are strictly salespeople with no moral compass.

Alliston, Ontario, Canada #810649

I am an original owner and they did not warranty my shingles.I went after IKO and had two year old shingles replaced but they are already after 4 years warping and peeling and need to be replaced again.

I have contacted Viceroy a number of times over the last three weeks and have had no reply.

Also my Hardi plank siding was a disaster and I had to personally go to the Viceroy office to get any satisfaction.In the end it was Hardi plank who honored the warranty and not Viceroy nor the original builder A&R Carpentry.

View more comments

Viceroy Homes - Viceroy does not replace defective materials

Toronto, Ontario 0 comments

I just read the compliant I posted and the last line is incorrect. Despite a year and a half of requests, Viceroy still has not commited to replacing their defective shingles.

For months I waited for their in house investigator who agreed the product had aged prematurely. Then they made me wait more onths for their independent consultant who also stated that their IKO shingles had wwarped prematurely. Then they made me wait many more onths while they deliberated the issue. Now after a year and a half of putting me off with excuses they have not given me a decision. In fact, they just ignore the messages I leave on their answering machine and email.

So much for the guarantee on their 25 year IKO shingle they provided me.

Review about: Shingles For Cottage Kit.

Viceroy Homes didn't replace inferior shingles

Toronto, Ontario 1 comment

I bought a Viceroy kit 10 years ago. The first shingles they provided were IKO brand and they warped. After 1 and a half years of arguing, Viveroy agreed to replace them. I paid for an upgrade to 25 year shingles. Again they suppled the IKO brand. Unfortunately, after another 3 years, even these 25 year IKO shingles warped and curled and shrank.

I called Viceroy in 2008 and after much persistence and effort on my part, 2 seasons later they sent their inspector out who said that the construction of my cottage was was built above code and that the shingles should not have deteriorated so quickly. Months went by and after much persistents (almost daily phone calls) Viceroy agreed to hire a consultant. Viceroy's own consultant blasted Viceroy for the inferior shingles they provided and recommended compensation.That was in the summer of 2009. It's now 2010.

Viceroy continues to make a commitment to replace the inferior shingles.

Review about: Iko 25 Year Shingles.

Comments

Had the same problem but in addition the skylights leaked and ruined the drywall on the ceiling. i gave up on vicroy and replaced the roof with steel(what viceroy should use in the first place)had the interior ceiling replaced.